.

.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Gift From the hubby.....


















I love to surf food blogs and read recipes and in doing so sometimes I find items that I never knew I needed or wanted but must have. In December I sent Thad a link to Martha Stewart's new cookbook "Martha Stewart's Cookies". I love to bake and I love to make cookies and what makes it perfect is that Thad loves cookies too and loves to be a taste tester (he is so selfless, willing to donate himself to the cause). I saw this cookbook on my favorite food website "Two Peas and Their Pod" http://twopeasandtheirpod.com/ and Martha's cookie cookbook came highly recommended. I needed to have it.

So I sent the link to Thad, not expecting it right then and then there but I like to give him ideas and make shopping easy on him. About two weeks later I came home and found a box on the car port. That night Thad let me open the box and what was inside? "Martha Stewart's Cookies"! The cookbook has your basics like oatmeal cookies and chocolate chip cookies but then also features more specialty cookies like Lime Meltaways, Carrot Cake Cookies and Peppermint Meringue Sandwiches with Chocolate Filling. I am so excited to try all the recipes and discover some new family favorites.

1 comment:

  1. Roz!

    I got the same book for christmas. I was soooo excited! I tried the christmas stripe cookies that you have to roll up after baking. They were a little challenging to make but super yummy! Next I want to try the coconut filled macaroons!!!

    Kymmie Z

    ReplyDelete