.

.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies


Calling all cookie lovers. This recipe is sure to be a hit. I originally found this recipe on my friend and old roommate's cooking website called Two Peas and Their Pod. I read the recipe and knew that I had to try it and when I did they were de-lish and the dough was exceptionally good also. These are Thad's second favorite cookies (the first being Million Dollar Cookies). The butterscotch really dresses up a basic oatmeal recipe and gives it a rich taste, plus my other secret weapon in this recipe is extra cinnamon.

Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies

3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I like to double or triple that)
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 package of butterscotch chips (I use Nestle Toll house)


Heat oven to 375°F. Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl until well blended (or I use my kitchen Aide but be careful to not over mix). Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.

Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Once mixed, gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in oats and butterscotch chips, once this is completed take a big heaping spoonful and eat it, that is by far my favorite part of this recipe. I also make sure to deliver a spoon full to my hubby because he loves the dough also.


Once the taste testing portion of the cookie making is completed, drop heaping spoon fulls on to a cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes (in my oven it takes about 8.5 minutes)watching them closely so that they do not over cook. I always try to rotate the cookie sheet half-way through the baking time to make sure they are cooked and browned evenly. Cool slightly on the cookie sheet to allow them to set and then remove them from cookie sheet and place on a cooling rack.

Thad likes his slightly warm with a small glass of milk. This a great oatmeal cookie with a rich twist, you will want to keep this recipe on hand to make over and over and over again!

Yields 4 dozen cookies

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I think I just gained 3 pounds reading this recipe. it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out:) We love these cookies too! I am THRILLED you have a food blog! SO FUN! I can't wait to see what you make! I hope all is well with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rozzie, the chocolate chip cookies on your home page do not look near as good as the million-dollar cookies you make for me. Nothing can touch them.

    ReplyDelete