.

.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Funky Monkey Bread


Work has been really slow lately and when I say really slow it has been REALLLLLY slow. So I have had time to browse my favorite food blogs and find some awesome deliciousness (is that even a word)which got my imagination going as to what I can create in the kitchen.

So I came across a Monkey Bread recipe on one of my favorite food blogs, Stephanie's Kitchen and it sounded so yummy and so easy, plus I knew I had most the ingredients in my pantry. So last night I made the recipe and let me tell you, it was a crowd pleaser. Thad said he just wanted one and then one turned into two and then had some for breakfast this morning. Monkey Bread is so simple to make and is such a feel good food, so here is the recipe.......

Monkey Bread
2 tubes of biscuit dough (I like pillsbury) (20 biscuits in total)
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
6 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup brown sugar

Start off by laying out a sheet of parchment paper on the counter. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick spray and set the oven to 350 degrees. I then take all the biscuits out of their packaging. You should have twenty. Then cute each biscuit into fourths. Once done you should have 80 little pieces. Then measure out the cinnamon and sugar into a small bowl. Dip each individual piece into the sugar/cinnamon mixture, making sure each piece is fully coated. Place between 6-7 peices into each cup.

Then using a small sauce pan melt the butter and brown sugar, bringing it to a boil. You will notice that the mixture will get thicker and more carmelly. Then spoon a tablespoon over each cup of buscuits. Bake for 20-25 minutes (Mine only took 15 minutes because my oven is ancient and cooks fast).

While the Monkey Bread is baking you can prepare the glaze. I found a recipe on-line, made it and when I went to taste it, it was horrible. So I made my own.


Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla

Whisk all three ingredients together, making sure it pretty and smooth.

Then once the Monkey Bread is done, drizzle as much glaze on them as you want. The more the better.

2 comments:

  1. Those look yummy... guess you haven't worked out the lavender cookie recipe to your satisfaction. I agree with only putting up the best recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good Rozzie! Wow, I can just taste them melting in my mouth. mmm....

    ReplyDelete